Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes From Books


I've finally gotten round to joining in with Top Ten Tuesday again - finally! It's hosted by the wonderful The Broke And The Bookish - head over to their blog, join in with TTT and post a link to your post in the Linky widget... thing so everyone can see! Join in every week (like I plan on doing from now on!)! :D

Now, this week the topic is:
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.)
Since there are way too many quotes to choose from, this list might involve some minor cheats...  Oops!

These two (I know, cheating) remind me that everyone is a little bit bonkers and I should embrace my uniqueness:
1.       “We’re all mad here” from Alice In Wonderland and Luna Lovegood’s “Don’t worry.  You’re just as sane as I am”.
These two (another cheat) are about changing things.  The first inspires me to make a difference and the second reminds me that books have more power than most people think:
2.     “Fire is catching!  And if we burn, you burn with us!” Katniss Everdeen, from Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games.  And from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, “One must always be careful of  books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
And this one reminds me nothing is truly impossible:
3.      “Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast,” from Through The Looking Glass
This one challenges me to think outside the box – it’s also so, so true:
4.      “Doors are for people with no imagination,” Skulduggery Pleasant, of course, by the wonderful Derek Landy
This quote inspires me to live every single day like it’s my last:
5.      “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities,” Hazel Grace from The Fault In Our Stars
This quote makes me smile and reminds me to have hope:
6.      “Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light,” as said by the amazing Professor Dumbledore
These two (cheating again, I know) inspire me to confident and sure of myself – and not to feel self-conscious about Tweeting and telling people about my work:
7.      “Time to be awesome,” as said by Daemon Black from Lux by Jennifer L Armentrout, and “I don’t show off.  I merely demonstrate my abilities at opportune times”, as said by the wonderful Skulduggery Pleasant
This one reminds me that I have people who love and support me – and that I have people I love and support in return:
8.     “Take my hands…  And my strength too.  Whatever of it you can use to – to keep yourself going,” Alec from The Mortal Instruments
The next one makes me realise I’m always changing and so is everyone else.  It inspires me to always change and improve – but also to never let myself change completely and vanish.  It also reminds me that books can be as utterly devastating as they are beautiful:
9.      “Every seven years our bodies change, every cell.  Every seven years we disappear,” as said by Tessa from Before I Die by Jenny Downham, the first book that had me sobbing my eyes out whilst smiling
This quote reminds me everyone can be good and bad at the same time.  It encourages me to embrace the light and always try to be as good as I can be:
10.  “We’ve all got both dark and light inside us.  What matters is the part we choose to act on.  That’s who we really are,” Sirius Black.

So, those are my quotes!  Let me know what you think - and leave me a link to your TTT too! or just leave your choices in the comments! :D

Have a great Tuesday!

Happy Reading
Megan

No comments: