Sunday 6 October 2013

Month of Guests 2013: Sarah Alderson


The lovely Sarah Alderson is here today, talking all about her favourite fictional couples!!  Enjoy! :D

The Best Fictional Couples EVER.


1.    Augustus & Hazel from The Fault In Our Stars
Found Here.
Tragic, doomed, real. This book has haunted me since I read it. Mainly I was completely sold on them as characters and on their relationship. There was such a tenderness and desperation in the way they were trying to fit everything into their limited time together. Broke. My. Heart.


2.    Alex Fuentes & Brittney from Perfect Chemistry


I have to admit I’m not a fan of Britney but Alex Fuentes and his six pack totally makes up for it. I love this book.


3.    Hermione & Ron from Harry Potter


A romance built on friendship, H &R are one of my all time favourite fictional couples. I love it that they went through so much together with Harry. The best non-love triangle ever invented by an author.


4.    Han Solo & Princess Leia from Star Wars


Han Solo was the first fictional boy I ever fell in love with (aged about 7). I would dream I was Princess Leia. And let’s face it, PL is the most awesome princess to ever have graced our screens. Disney could learn a thing or two from her. She’s a brilliant fighter, a fearless leader, witty, smart and a resistance fighter to boot, out to save the galaxy. Han’s a loveable rogue, a pirate, a cynical anti-hero who can’t help but fall for the girl. I love the banter between her and Han.


5.    Spike & Buffy


OK, for years I was a Buffy & Angel fan but then something happened – Spike gave that ‘you’re the one’ speech to Buffy and suddenly I was like ‘Angel who?’ This scene is so epically perfect I could watch it over and over and over.


6.    Aragorn and Arwen from Lord of The Rings


Would you give up immortality for a man? I would for this man. Aragorn – the noble Ranger of the North who leads the hobbits on their quest. I didn’t notice much else on screen beyond Aragorn’s thighs on that horse.


7.    Jesse & Ren from The Sound


OK, OK, I’m a little biased here, but Jesse – the brooding, book reading, musician who’s great with his hands and known for being trouble is exactly the kind of boy I would fall for as a teenager. And Ren, the English girl who’s a music blogger, book lover and on the verge of giving up on boys altogether and definitely on any notion of there being ‘a one’. Can Jesse change her mind? The chemistry sizzles between them – what do you think?


---


Thank you soo much, Sarah!!  Oh, I'm so a Spuffy girl!!  Spike just melts my heart!!  And that speech...  *sigh* ;)
Hope you all enjoyed Sarah's post! And don't forget to follow Sarah's Site, follow her on Twitter and Facebook, and check out her books on Goodreads! :D
And keep up to date with MonthOfGuests on Twitter using #MonthOfGuests2013! And stop by tomorrow for an interview with the lovely Alyxandra Harvey!!!  :D

---


Having spent most of her life in London, Sarah quit her job in the non profit sector in 2009 and took off on a round the world trip with her husband and princess-obsessed daughter on a mission to find a new place to call home. After almost a year spent wandering around India, Singapore, Australia and the US, they settled in Bali where Sarah now spends her days writing and trying to machete open coconuts without severing a limb.She finished her first novel Hunting Lila just before they left the UK, wrote the sequel, Losing Lila, on the beach in India, and had signed a two book deal with Simon & Schuster by the time they reached Bali.A third book, Fated, about a teenage demon slayer, which was written during their stay in California, was also bought by Simon & Schuster and published in January 2012.The sequels to Fated – Severed & Shadowed – were released in November 2012 and March 2013. Sarah’s newest novel – The Sound – a young adult thriller, was released in August 2013 in the UK, Australia & Canada and is being published in the US in May 2014.Three more YA novels are lined up for release with Simon & Schuster over the coming years, as well as a collection of short stories.Sarah has co-written the Hunting Lila screenplay and is working on several other books and screenplays (multi-tasking is one of her favorite things). In her spare time she also writes adult romance novels under the pen name Lola Salt.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Ugh, Spike and Buffy are so my OTP. Seriously, Angel cannot hold a flame to Spike on that one. I love Ron and Hermione, as well as Hazel and Augustus *sob*.