Monday 9 September 2013

Month of Guests 2013: We Sat Down


It's great to have the brilliant Little M from We Sat Down here today! Little M opted to do her post without her mother and blogging partner M. Enjoy! :D

One day, we sat down on the brown sofa together and that’s where We Sat Down began....
We’re M & Little M – a mother and daughter who both love to read.
This blog is a record of the books we’ve read and our thoughts about them. Our focus is on books that teens and proper big grownups can share. M also reviews general fiction. We like to have fun and you'll sometimes find silly bookish nonsenses mixed up with some more serious debates too.
Our red heart logo is taken from a bookmark that Little M made for M. We think it says a lot about our relationship to books (and maybe each other - aaah sweet).

Back to School by Little M from We Sat Down

Back to school. For me, it means less time to read and more time for homework. However, you do read some books in English. Some of these books may be brilliant but some may be a bore.

In secondary school so far, I have read Holes by Louis Sachar, Noughts & Crosses (the play) by Malorie Blackman, Skellig by David Almond, Journey to Jo’Burg by Beverley Naidoo and the film of Romeo and Juliet written by Shakespeare and directed by Baz Luhrmann. My favourite out of these is the most recent one I read, Noughts & Crosses.

Noughts & Crosses is a novel about an inverted world where the black people as a race are the dominant oppressive power. They rule over the white people. It is my favourite so far because I think it is well written and I really enjoyed the plot.

The novel I’m reading this coming year is Flip by Martyn Bedford. I have already read it and I really, really liked it. We Sat Down also interviewed Martyn face-to-face. I really can’t wait to do this novel this year.

In school, I have never liked reading as a class because I hear the words but they just go in one ear and out the other. This year it will be better because they ask us to read the novel at home instead of as a class.

So it’s back to school soon but I’m not going to stop reading!

Thanks Megan for inviting me to take part.



---

Thank you so much for your brilliant post, Little M!  I wish we'd done books this good at my high school!  Noughts & Crosses beats An Inspector Calls any day! ;)  Hope you're enjoying school!! :D
Hope you all enjoyed Little M's post! And don't forget to follow her and M's Blog: We Sat Down, follow them on Twitter and Facebook! :D 
And keep up to date with MonthOfGuests on Twitter using #MonthOfGuests2013! And stop by tomorrow for a brilliant post by the amazing Viv from Serendipity Reviews!!

1 comment:

M said...

More contemporary than my set texts too! When I was around 12 and 13, mine were The Silver Sword (Ian Serrailler), White Fang (Jack London) and The Old Man and the Sea (Hemingway).