Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year and 2012 Challenges!

Ok, I've been totally absent over the Christmas-ish period.  Oops!  But I'm back to welcome in the new year!  Happy New Year everyone!!  I hope you all had great Christmases!
Anyway, I thought I'd start off the year by seeing how I did in all my 2012 challenges.  This is how I did...

Ok, obviously I was aiming to read 100.  I managed to read 106 - two more than last year!  If you count all the ones I had to reread for school stuff I'd've read loads more, but nevermind!  Here's to reading more this year!  (Fingers crossed she doesn't remember, but I think I made an agreement with Sammee from I Want To Read That to read 200 books in 2013... Oops!)
Challenge: Completed!


I love reading debut author's books - discovering new authors!  My challenge was to read 12 in 2012.  I, in fact, read 16.
Challenge: Completed!


I love contemporary - and seeing that I read WAY too many paranormals, I thought this challegne would be good for me.  I needed to read 15 contemps published in 2012.  And I read, drum roll please, 23!  Yay!
Challenge: Completed!


I do love reading books by fellow Brits.  I wanted to read 50 books by Brits this year.  I read 53.  Yippee! :D
Challenge: Completed!


Seems like doing less challenges works for me - in 2011 I did loads and only completed three.  So, whoo, all completed in 2012! Yessss! :D

This year?  I want to do the same number but read MORE BOOKS IN EACH CHALLENGE! 
Challenge Accepted!

How did you all do in your 2012 challenges and which 2013 ones are you entering? :)

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Happy New Year! Welcome back! :)
Wow, congrats on completing all your challenges! I'm hoping to read 100 books this year too. Good luck for 2013! :)