Sunday 30 October 2011

In My Mailbox (#34)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a perfect way to see who's reading and review what.  Awesome! 



I may have - ah-hem - neglected my IMM last week.  I was all tired, and just couldn't force myself to do one: still don't feel great and am currently hating all winter bugs.  But, I have had an awesome two weeks!  Last week I got a package with the gorgwous dragon book below - one I am seriously excited about.  And this Friday - another package!  It was a box, done up with gorgeous butterfly tape, and was from Sammee, I Want To Read That, so thank you, thank you, thank you!  Anyhoo, this is what I got...
For Review:

Yoshiko and the Gift of Charms (The Land of Dragor)Ignite (Midnight Fire Series)

Yoshiko and the Gift of Charms (The Land of Dragor, Book One) by Julia Suzuki (Goodreads | Amazon)
Here Be Dragons
I am so excited about this one!  The author was described as "the next JK", so I'm double excited!  And, c'mon!  Who doesn't love dragons?  Plus, the hardback copy I recieved is just beautiful.  Thank you to Steve Brookes/Sociabull for sending it to me!
Ignite (Midnight Fire Series, Book One) by Kaitlyn Davis (Goodreads | Amazon)
A very spooky-looking read here!  Again, very excited!  Thanks Julia!
Bloomsbury Children's Books New Titles: January - June 2012
This is a little catalogue with all of Bloomsbury's upcoming childrens/YA books in.  From pages 18-37, I am fairly certain I want, well, everything! ;)


A Gift!:

Daughter of Smoke and BoneIn the Sea there are CrocodilesThis Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein

Daughter of Smoke and Bones (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Book One) by Laini Taylor (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Doors To The Elsewhere Are Closing
From the first time I saw this book, I wanted it!  So when Sammee (I Want To Read That) offered it to me, as she had 3 copies, I just jumped at the chance!  I am so so so excited about it!  Thank you Sammee!!!
In the Sea there Are Crocodiles by Fabio Geda  (Goodreads | Amazon)
The True Story of Enaiatollah Akbari
This has been on one of my favourite websites (Red House) for ages, and I kept meaning to buy it.  Little did I know that Sammee would also send me a copy of this as well!  Again, thank you!!
This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Apprenticeship Of Victor Frankenstein
Now, who doesn't love Frankenstein?  And The Dark Endeavor just sounds fantastic!  Thank you again Sammee!!




Bought:

Heist SocietyThe Scorpio RacesBeautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)

Heist Society (Heist Society, Book One) by Ally Carter (Goodreads | Amazon)
I adored the first of Ally's other series: The Gallagher Girls, and so just couldn't resist buying this as it was on Buy-One-Get-One-For-£1!  Plus: super theif heroine?  Should be awesome!!
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater (Goodreads | Amazon)
Again, it was on Buy-One-Get-One-For-£1 and I couldn't resist.  Linger is one of my favourite books, and so I just had to buy this one!  Plus, how gorgeous is this cover?!
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, Book One) by Kami Garcia (Goodreads | Amazon)
Is Falling In Love The Beginning....
Or The End?
I've wanted this one for ageees.  So I - obviously - had to buy it!  It looks amazing!


Well, that's me!  I did pretty good over the past two week!  I did get some NetGalley books too, but I can't be bothered to add them!  I am feeling lazy!  ;)

What was in your mailbox this week?

1 comment:

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is on my wish list. Happy reading!