Saturday 6 August 2011

Fiction Express: Rémy Brunel and the Ocean of Light, Chapter Two

Fiction Express - one of my favourite websites - just launched a brand new book!  An
amazing one!  It's called Rémy Brunel and the Ocean of Light, and it's a historical novel (YES)!  Have a look:



No-one performs on the circus trapeze like sixteen-year-old Rémy Brunel. But when the circus closes for the night, Rémy leads another life, as a cat burglar and jewel thief. Forced by the evil circus owner Gustave to attempt the theft of one of the world's most valuable diamonds, Rémy thinks it will be just another heist, but when she meets determined young detective Thaddeus Rec, her life changes forever. Will Thaddeus manage to rescue the jewel from Rémy’s nimble fingers? Or is it really Rémy that he needs to save?

Review:
This second chapter was just as good as the first!  It was just non-stop action, non-stop excitement.  I was completely absorbed, addicted.  The suspense was amazing: can Remy escape, can she avoid the policeman?  I was on the edge of my seat for every single page of this thirteen-page chapter.  Remy is just brilliant: so smart, brave and quick-witted.  I can't wait to see what happens next, where the path chosen by the readers takes her!
 
If you haven't visited this site and this book, I seriously think you ought to go - now!  It's the best interactive site I've ever been on, and the books are something I'd buy in a book shop - only better, because I have a say in how they end!  :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Fiction Express, but I clicked through - what an interesting idea! Reminds me of the "choose your own adventure" books I loved when I was little.